IR-On-Call is a telephone and email HR support service that assists organisations to manage human resources, industrial relations and workplace relations matters.
- performance management and disciplinary action
- performance counselling
- termination and redundancies
- wages and salaries
- policies and procedures
- leave (sick, paternity, carers, bereavement, annual)
- award provisions
- compliance with legislation
- conflict resolution.
Benefits of an On-Call support service
- significant cost savings compared to the cost of working with an employment lawyer or employing a resource
- reduced business risks by engaging experienced specialists, who provide practical advice in line with relevant legislation
- a partner who understands your business and will ensure advice is in line with your companies policy and practice
- a cost model that encourages use when matters arise, reducing the risk of escalation
- reassurance for internal HR that expert advice is available, so they can focus on business priorities.
IR-On-Call in detail
What happens when your selected staff call the helpline?
1. Enquiry received by iHR via telephone or email
2. Enquiry logged and assigned to a specialist consultant
3. iHR consultant reviews enquiry and any relevant legislation, award, policy or procedure
4. iHR consultant responds, providing verbal advice
5. iHR consultant confirms verbal advice in writing via email
Hours of operation
IR-On-Call operates Monday-Friday 9am–5pm Eastern Standard Time
An afterhours service is available. We have expert consultants available to asssist your orgnaisation in Melbourne, Sydney, Pert, Adeliade, Darwin, Canberra.
Accessing the service
Our clients identify relevant staff that they would like to access iHR On-Call support. This typically includes managers, human resource practitioners and franchise/ business owners.
We respond to enquiries within 2 hours.
Each month, we provide gold subscribers with a report that lists:
- the number of support requests received
- the geographic distribution of support requests received (multi-site and franchisors)
- categorisation of support requests
- response time
- time incurred for each support request
- monthly comparison of statistics.
Our purpose-built information system can provide additional statistics to show an organisation's trend analysis and comparative data, which can be used to proactively deal with issues.
What our service does not include
It is important that subscribers understand what this service does not include:
- any requirement for iHR Australia to attend an organisation's premises. If attendance is requested or deemed necessary, you will be required to engage iHR Australia for consultancy services
- OH&S or formal legal advice
- any requirement in addition to the IR-On-Call service, such as the development of an HR policy and procedure manual or representation for an industrial relations matter. This can be provided through consulting services.
Find out more
To find out more about our Human Resources, Industrial Relations and Workplace Relations On-Call support service in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide, Darwin or Canberra please contact us on 1300 884 687 or make an online enquiry.